Advert reference: 12519
Listed in: Turntables
We have this preowned Pro-Ject Xtension 12 Turntable With Evo 12cc Tonearm & Power Box RS in Black. It is in very good condition, there are a couple of minor marks on the plinth which can be seen in the pictures attached. It comes with the original box/packaging.
Due to the size, weight and fragile nature of the product, this listing is COLLECTION ONLY
We are an authorised Pro-Ject dealer so please buy with confidence.
Pro-Ject Xtension 12 turntable represents the combination of modern and classical design, embracing the popularity of retro design while maintaining Pro-Ject's famous mechanical precision, sound quality and high-quality products.
Pro-Ject's mix of classical beauty and modern design breathes life into analogue technology and demonstrate that you can listen to music in a better way than any contemporary digital format without it costing the earth.
What sets the Xtension 12 apart?
The Xtension 12 has re-developed the magnetic technology employed in the 6perspeX to isolate the subchassis, adopting magnetic feet which almost entirely decouple the main plinth. Pro-Ject have put plenty of effort into eliminating base resonance - the 25kg total mass being evidence of this. The Xtension 12 is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles.
In keeping with the principles of adding mass, the Xtension 12 features a metal platter rather than acrylic due to its higher mass. Pro-Ject have avoided the usual pitfalls of metal platters by dampening the inner platter with Sorbothane, a material used to isolate many of the motors on Pro-Ject products. This eliminates unwanted resonances from the platter. Pro-Ject then glue recycled vinyl records to the top of the platter (acting as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it.
The tonearm base of the Xtension is also designed with high-mass technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane. Importantly though, this board is still able to incorporate the adoption of different tonearms. With high-mass principles and isolation wherever possible, the Xtension minimises the effect of resonance and offers superb vinyl playback. In keeping with its 'classic' design, the Xtension includes a beautiful dustcover with adjustable hinges as well as a range of finish options.
- Super-heavy 25 kg mass load magnetic floating belt drive design
- Sorbothane-damped ultra precise balanced Sandwich platter alloy combined with Vinyl
- Ultra low noise motor highest selection and brass record puck
- Magnet supported, inverted main bearing Type Block 1 with ceramic thrust-pad
- Integrated Speed Box SE for super silent motordrive and electronically switchable speed
- Metal-granulate filled plinth for universal damping
- Mass loaded interchangeable armboard and gold-plated RCA phono sockets
- Height adjustable magnet supported feets for perfect isolation
12cc Evolution Tonearm
- 12" precision tonearm with carbon-fibre armtube / headshell
- Generation 2 carbon technology and highest selection of components
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections
- Antiresonance heavy mass cardan bearing block, silicone damped tone-armlift
- Inverted bearing design with four hardened ABEC7 spec ball races
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA
- Single-screw armtube fixing allows rotation/easy adjustment of needle azimuth
- Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring
- Resonance optimized Sorbothane enhanced counterweight construction
- Improved antiskating and tone-arm lift mechanics
Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 / 78 r.p.m
Electronic speed change: 33 / 45 rpm
Mechanic speed change: 78 r.p.m.
Build in Pro-Ject Speed Box SE: Yes
Dust cover & Record weight: Yes
Supplied phono cable: Connect it 5P-C
Feet: Magnet support, Sorbothane-damped
Central metal block: Yes
Speed variance: ±0.09%
Wow and flutter: ±0.01%, SNR: -73dB
Platter weight/diameter: 5.7kg/300mm
Power supply: 220-240V (50)/100-110V (60)
Output voltage: 16V/1.000mA AC
Power consumption: 2W
Dimensions (WHD): 550 x 250 x 450mm
Pro-ject Power Box RS Uni (Upgrade Power Supply)
The Power Box RS Uni 1-Way is a specially developed linear power supply for your Box Design RS Hi-Fi component. Designed to significantly enhance the sound quality by improving the audio path, this high end power supply upgrade is compatible with the following RS components: CD Box RS, DAC Box RS, Head Box RS, Pre Box RS, Pre Box RS Digital and Stream Box RS.
The Power Box RS consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between the primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating
transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains power into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve
compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all
By upgrading your RS components power supply with the Power Box RS you can benefit from greater and improved sound staging and detailed resolution which all contributes to a far better overall performance from your system.
The Power Box RS Uni 4-Way is able to accommodate up to 4 RS components and comes in Black or Silver.
Purest & cleanest power using non-switching power supply
Soft start system avoids current inrush in primary winding
Audio type toroidal transformer
Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
Secondary voltage rectification with precise regulation
High filtration capacity (10.000 µF for each output)
Low ESR capacitors
Low noise components with surge protection