Advert reference: 21603
Listed in: Integrated amplifiers
In terms of both performance and hardware, the Naim SUPERNAIT 2 is conceptually as close as it is possible to get to separate pre and power amps in one box. It borrows advanced technology from flagship Naim preamplifiers, such as the NAC 552, and in employing the latest Naim DR (Discrete Regulator) techniques in its power supply, sits right at the forefront of Naim amplifier technology. It is also constructed in the classic Naim full height extruded aluminium enclosure.
The Naim SUPERNAIT 2 combines a muscular 80 Watts per channel power amplifier with six analogue inputs. Technical highlights include a Class-A preamp output stage which doubles as a headphone amplifier, ceramic heatsink technology that minimises capacitive coupling between the chassis and output transistors and individually decoupled and hand-wired input sockets. Its internal switching employs ultra-low-noise, constant current sources which are derived directly from the flagship Naim NAC 552 preamplifier. The Naim SUPERNAIT 2 doesn't miss a trick or a beat.
It doesn't miss any music either. The Naim SUPERNAIT 2 is never phased by the demands of either speaker or music. It simply delivers dynamic, detailed and engaging music that can't fail to move you.
- 80 W/channel output into 8 ohms
- Built in Naim DR (Discrete Regulator) supplying preamplifier section
- (6.35mm) headphone output and high-quality Class-A headphone amplifier as used in the DAC-V1
- Constant current source circuit technique employed (introduced in the Naim NAC 552 preamplifier) to provide ultra-quiet drive signals for relays to improve sound quality
- All inputs are individually decoupled and hand-wired for improved microphonic isolation (as per the Naim NAC 282 upwards)
- Ceramic heat sink isolation for improved sound quality on power and preamp section